OUR 14TH ANNIVERSARY YEAR!
IMPROV COMEDY - MUSICAL THEATRE
ACTING - DRAMA
FILM MAKING - FASHION and PRINT MODELING
Improv Playhouse Performing Arts Camps (ACA accredited) involve your child in fun filled, local summer programming with stellar professional staff at prices for families looking for flexible choices and discriminating budgets. Each camp session will offer unique
training and each camper will have the opportunity to explore
and focus upon new paths of creativity in the Performing Arts. Improv Playhouse emphasizes an environment
that nurtures every child as an individual artist, challenges
aspiring actors and inspires theater beginners. All levels
are encouraged to enroll. Programming will not be duplicated
from mornings to afternoons where applicable.
Descriptions, Registrations and Locations Below
Performing Arts Camp Quotes
"I was so impressed by the whole camp...really blown away. Such talent, dedication and the directors were so completely invested in the productions..."
Angie Campe, Parent
Camp Registration Form click here
Tri-Fold Camp Brochure
FILM MAKING CAMPS BROCHURE
Grades 5-8 (10-13yrs) & Grades 8-12 (14-18yrs)
More info Toward the bottom of page
CLICK HERE FOR FASHION CAMP REGISTRATION FORM
DISCOUNT AND POLICY SECTION ON BOTTOM OF PAGE
SHOWSTOPPERS MUSICAL THEATER DAY CAMPS
GRADES 3-9 (Some exceptions may apply)
Monday - Friday 9:00a-3:00p
Performances will be held on local stages at the camp facilities. Unless otherwise noted: Our Music Theatre Camps serve campers grades entering 3rd - 8th. Accommodations will be made to segregate younger campers from older campers giving focused attention to age groups though they are combined in rehearsals, field trips and final showcases.
LIBERTYVILLE: Highland Middle School, 310 W. Rockland Rd.
"CAMP FROZEN BROADWAY SHOWCASE" ((3-weeks) $795.00
Libertyville: June 8-June 26
Highland Park: June 15-July 3
It might be hot outside during summer camp, but an eternal winter has been unleashed at IP Summer Performing Arts Camp. The Frozen Camp will feature the songs from the hit Disney Movie including your favorites like Let it Go, Do You Wanna Build a Snowman, and more! We will learn the songs from Frozen, act out some scenes, and learn the dances of Arendalle. Each student will receive a Frozen themed t-shirt, a script, and a incredible three week experience of all things Frozen.
Libertyville: June 29-July 17
Highland Park: July 6-July 24
SHOWCASE CAMP!" (3-weeks) $795.00
"Triple Threat Boot Camp" (2-weeks) $530.00
Libertyville:: July 20-July 31
Highland Park: July 27-August 7
Glee Showcase Camp is all about Acting, Dance & PopRock Vocal Technique. This two week camp will be the final piece of your triple threat summer at Improv Playhouse, unless of course you join another camp! Receive a T-shirt
IMPROV COMEDY-THEATRE GAMES CAMPS
Improv and comedy summer fun! Improv Camp creates a sense of play through the theatre games made famous by the TV show "Whose Line is it Anyway?" and the main stage improv theaters in Chicago. Each camper will build spontaneity, poise, stage presence, outward focus and commitment to their comedy-performance team. The final showcase will have you roaring! Our Pro-Improv staff of counselors are great with kids and are performers in the Chicagoland Improv Community.
3rd-8th Grade Camps Full Day $530 9:00-3:30 Half Day $275 9:00-12:00, 12:30-3:30
IP Black Box Theater, 735 N. Milwaukee Avenue
(2-weeks each session)
Camp 1 - June 8-19
Camp 2 - June 22-July 3
Camp 3 - July 6-17
Camp 4 - July 20-31
Camp 5 - August 3-14
(2-weeks each session)
Camp 1 - June 15-26
Camp 2 - June 29-July 10
Camp 3 - July 13-24
Camp 4 - July 27-Aug 7
Camp 5 - August 10-21
Film Making - Fashion Modeling
FILM MAKING CAMPS (2-weeks each session)
TWEEN: Grades 4-8th (10-14yrs) $570
TEEN: Grades 8-12th (14-18yrs) $595
Day Option Only))
LIBERTYVILLE: 116 Lake Street (our original studio)
Tween Film Camp 1 - June 8-19
Tween Film Camp 2 - June 22-July 3
Tween Film Camp 3 - July 6-17
Tween Film Camp 4 - July 20-31
TEEN Film Camp - August 3-14
Film Camp 1 - June 15-26
Film Camp 2 - June 29-July 10
Film Camp 3 - July 13-24
Film Camp 4 - July 27-Aug 7
FILM MAKING CAMP REGISTRATION FORM click here
Filmmaking campers will gain knowledge in every aspect of filmmaking. Our Filmmaking Camp Directors are chosen from professional ranks and some of the top film making schools in the country. They instruct teach our campers important elements of pre-production, production and post-production where our campers learn hands on filmmaking technique through digital technology and professional software. Campers
will be immersed in story boarding, shot list creation, casting, shooting
and digital film editing.
Pre-Production: The camper's pre-production planning will involve developing scripts, storyboards, location scouting, set design and casting.
Production:Young filmmakers will work closely with seasoned professionals and or college film strudents in specific crew positions, using props, wardrobe and set dressing if not on location shooting exterior scenes.
Post-Production: Our young filmmakers will study and evaluate each shot and select the best takes based on camera work, composition, continuity, sound quality and other criteria that we will dicuss as a group.
Screenwriting: Our young filmmakers will work with honing their ideas into scripts ready for production. Campers will be encouraged to bring in their stories for consideration, but it is not necessary.
Acting for Film with Script and Improv: Our young filmmakers with act themselves, but also with other performing arts campers when available. They will learn to do the best to live truthfully within their scenes. They first sharpen their listening skills and then work improvisationally, learning to concentrate, trust and collaborate with their teammates. They will get plenty of on-camera experience. Film campers will be encouraged to bring their digital video cameras if available. All professional equipment, software,
digital tape and a duplicated copy of the final edited project(s)
on DVD are included in camp fees.
FASHION AND PRINT MODELING CAMP (1-week sessions)
2015 Only $250/wk
(Grades 4-8 and 7-12)
print and modeling camps for two different age groups
A full "How To" week of Fashion and Print Modeling
CLICK HERE FOR FASHION CAMP REGISTRATION FORM
NICO PRESSLEY is thrilled to be the Director of this year’s Improv Playhouse Fashion Week. As a graduate of Loyola University Chicago for Theatre and International Studies, as well as a graduate of the Method program at London Dramatic Academy, Nico studies in The Second City Improv Conservatory and at IO-Chicago (Improv Olympic). She has been modeling for the past 5 years and is currently represented by Lily's talent. Professional commercial and print campaigns include Hotel Intercontinental, DSW, Static Nails and Radio Flyer. She would like to thank Mr. Stuart for this opportunity to be an example of confidence, inner beauty and success to the young people in our program and her parents for their constant support and cheer leading!
August 3-August 7 (Grades 4-8)
August 10-August 14 (Grades 7-12)
Accommodations will be made to segregate younger campers from older campers giving focused attention to age groups though they are combined in rehearsals, field trips and final showcases.
For Young Ladies & Males, Grades 4-8th and 7-12th
Develop Confidence, Style and the Appropriate Image for fun or as a career.
Do you dream of becoming a model? Did you know that it’s a fun career and a performing art?! This is an exciting and glam “boot camp” that will leave you with a ton of knowledge on how to take the next big step. Young ladies and men will be taught everything they need to know about the competitive fashion, print modeling and pageant industry in a week filled with runway technique, role playing, a healthy self concept, visits from pros and a final fashion showcase. What fun! Each day will focus on new activities that build upon each other.
RUNWAY: What’s our FASHION WEEK BOOT CAMP without Runway Training!? Turns. Pivots. It’s all choreographed and we’ll teach you the right way!
FASHION WEEK SHOWCASE: The piece de la resistance! End camp with a fashion show highlighting everything you’ve learned through the week. You’ll strut in style and confidence down the runway dripping in the latest “looks” supplied by a our local Serendipity/Latitude Clothing Libertyville.
CAMP DISCOUNTS & POLICY SECTION
- REGISTER EARLY: Enjoy helping your camper select a session to attend and please register as early as possible. Some sessions fill up very quickly. See you at camp this summer.
- FULL PAYMENT: Must be received no later than 2 weeks prior to camp session, required in full for any posted discounts and for your camper's participation in any camp session.
- EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTt is applied if FULL REGISTRATION received prior DISCOUNT DATES BELOW.
- REMAINING BALANCE DUE: 100% of the remaining balance due is automatically charged to the credit card on file on the camp's due date.
- REGISTRATION AFTER DUE DATES & LATE FEE: Any registrations received after the camp's balance due date must be paid in full at the time of registration and must pay an ADDTIONAL $25 LATE FEE for each camper registered. No discounts apply to late registrations.
- CREDIT CARD FILING REQUIREMENT: Credit Card is required for our files abd will remain on file through the camp season. Your credit card will be used fi your camper's tuition has not been paid by required scheduled due date. You may pay your camper's tuition by check or cash.
Deposit and Cancellation Policy
- FULL DAY CAMP DEPOSIT: $150.00 required upon enrollment.
- 1-WEEK CAMPS and 1/2 DAY CAMP DEPOSIT: $75.00
- CAMP DEPOSIT of the camp fee is non-refundable.
- If cancellations occur within 3 weeks prior to session start date the entire tuition, including deposit, will be forfeited.
- After the three week deadline the only exceptions considered will be proof of medical or family emergency with documented proof from physician or other verifiable documentation.
- CANCELLATIONS DUE TO MEDICAL REASONS must be verified in writing by the attending physician. Tuition (less $150 processing fee) will be issued upon receipt of physician verification. Medical cancellations must be verified within 30 days of cancellation to receive full refund (less $150 processing fee). After 30 days, only half tuition will be refunded (less $150 processing fee).
- The Camp Director reserves the right to dismiss any camper whose behavior affects his/her ability to participate or is detrimental to the members of the camp. No refund will be made for absences, dismissals or withdrawals before the end of the session. In cases of withdrawal during camp based on doctor’s orders, remaining tuition may be refunded less a $150 processing fee.
- Due to the limited enrollment and popularity of the Improv Playhouse Summer Camps Programs, there are no refunds for any session once the session has begun.
Applications for financial assistance must be submitted no later than two weeks prior to your camp session in order to be considered.
Rules (for credits for medical reason)
- Credit is non-transferrable except to a direct sibling
- Extended care fees can be credited (100% credit) for one year or refunded minus a 10% fee.
- Once the camp session begins, there are no refunds (full or pro-rated) or credits.
Credits for Non-Medical Reasons (Non-transferrable except to a direct sibling)
- Within 1 week of start date of camp, transfers & credits are not allowed.
- Once the camp session begins, there are no refunds (full or pro-rated) or credits.
Transferring From One Program To Another OR Transferring To Another Week(s)
If you wish to transfer your child(ren) from one Camp program to another. Transfer rules are the following:
- The camp program must be available and not sold out (see website or call office for availability).
- Transfer requests must be completed no later than one week prior to the start date of the original camp program.
- If there is an increase in tuition, parent is responsible for paying the difference of the camp tuition.
- If there is a decrease in tuition, parent is not eligible for a credit from the difference in the balance.
Registration Confirmation & Email Communication
Once you register and pay for your camp program(s), you will receive a camp confirmation email. For your own records, please hold onto this confirmation until the first day of camp. You will not receive a phone call or any USPS mailed confirmation. You will, however, receive an email the week before your session(s) of camp. This email will clearly explain any up-to-date camp information along with all necessary carpool, directions, and what to bring to camp information.
Completing Appropriate Camper Health Forms, Identity Forms & Paperwork
All campers must complete the necessary camp forms in order to participate in Improv Playhouse Performing Arts Camps. These forms are required by both the County and the State—depending upon the location your child will attend camp. Please send the forms back to the Improv Playhouse Office no later than June 1.
Policy on Electronics, Toys, Trading Cards & Pins
Improv Playhouse Performing Arts Day Camps strives to provide a program free from video games, cell phones, audio players, toys and other distractions. Please do not permit your child to bring any of these items to camp as they will be busy throughout the camp day and these items also tend to get lost or misplaced when brought to camp.
Reporting Illnesses & Absences Due to Illness
Improv Playhouse should be notified by phone (847) 968-4529 or E-MAILi if a child is ill, especially if the illness is communicable. The Improv Playhouse Camps staff will post a notice of communicable illness (confidentiality is respected) to notify the parents of all children that may have been exposed. Families are still responsible for paying tuition for the day of the absence.
Improv Playhouse Performing Arts staff uses the positive techniques of guidance, including logical or natural consequences applied in problem situations, redirection of children to more acceptable behavior, anticipation of and elimination of potential problems and encouragement of appropriate behavior rather than comparison, competition or criticism. Consistent and clear rules are established. Staff members encourage children to solve problems rather than imposing solutions. Our counselors help children to recognize and respect one another’s feelings. Counselors encourage pro-social behavior such as cooperation, helping, taking turns and constructive verbal communication to solve problems. The goal is to help children internalize rules and become self-directed in their behavior. Improv Playhouse Performing Arts reserves the right to dismiss a child for consistent behavior that makes it difficult or impossible for the staff to meet his/her needs and/or the needs of other children in the group. This will occur without a refund (or portion thereof) or credit towards a future program. This will occur only after parent/staff discussion has occurred.
If you don’t wish to be included, please inform the photographer or film maker.
With this udnerstanding our families and students grant to Improv Playhouse, its representatives and employees the right to take photographs of its sudents and their property in connection with Improv Playhouse events, workshops and classes. You authorize Improv Playhouse its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. You agree that Improv Playhouse may use such photographs with or without your name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content.
CAMPERS WILL ENJOY (WHERE APPLICABLE):
AIR CONDITIONED Theaters, Classroom w/fridge at all facilities..
STAFF SUPERVISED: The school playground and fields for picnic
lunches, outdoor rehearsal and recreation.
STAFF SUPERVISED: Dairy Queen! Smoothies! Wraps! Downtown
Libertyville, Highland Park activities!
Programming directed by entertainment business professionals.
Classes taught by mature, gifted, nurturing drama specialists.
If available: Behind the Scenes Field Trips to The Marriott Theater and Sound Stages
Each child will receive ONE FREE Improv Playhouse
Performing Arts Camp T-Shirt. Additional T's $10.